Over the past few weeks abortion has become a hot topic again in America. I wanted to add my opinion to the list. Just to start off if there is any question where I stand on abortion it is just plain wrong. I want to take a little different approach to how we use the terms "pro-life" and "pro-choice". Women should have the right to choose. They can choose who they hang out with, who they are alone with, and in this case, who they sleep with! In cases where women have made this choice they should not be given the "choice" of their "consequences". I use the word consequence only to point out that pregnancy is only a result of a choice it is not a choice in itself. Just like when you are a child you are taught that if you do certain things that you will receive certain consequences, good or bad. This topic is even more sensitive to me as my wife and I have not been able to have children and are seeking a child to adopt. I realize that women become pregnant all the time and do not want their children, but killing their baby is not the answer. There are many couples willing to adopt their child and raise them as their own. There is a new ad put out by Catholic Vote (Click HERE to view) which to me points out how important adoption is. The President spoke at Notre Dame this past weekend and pointed out the debate about abortion. He said, "So let's work together to reduce the number of women seeking abortions by reducing unitended pregnancies, and making adoption more avaiable, and providing care and support for women who do carrry their child to term". I wasn't aware that he had such a well mannered approach to the debate. I have only seen his voting record (which matters more coming from the "Walking Teleprompter") where he voted to support partial-birth abortions. Or where he said that if one of his daughters got pregnant he would not want them to be "punished with a child". I have never seen a single pregnant woman refused at a hospital to deliver her child. I never knew there was a list of willing mothers to give babies up for adoption and no list of potential famlies to adopt them. I only know of the long lists of potenial adoptive couples looking to find a child they can call their own. Let's help potential adoptive couples find birth mothers and counsel those who may not want their children to adopt. Let's do "reduce the number of unintended pregnancies", let's teach ABSTANANCE in school and especially at home. Let's teach our daughters to respect themselves and equally important teach our sons to respect women. Teach them to have moral values and to stand up for them.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 What's your opinion:
Post a Comment