Send your senator a message to vote against nominating Sonia Sotomayor to the Supreme Court. We may not get a choice we want but that doesn't mean we should rollover and agree with everything he does because he currently has the votes. Below is what I sent my senators.
I am contacting you regarding the appointment by President Obama of Sonia Sotomayor. I realize any choice by President Obama will probably not be anyone I would agree with as a conservative but I specifically worry about her as the nominee primarily for the following reasons. First of which is that she has shown through the years that she does not follow the Constitution. Her verticts have been reversed many times in the past, including a current one being reviewed by the Supreme Court now. The ones reviewing these cases are not conservatives just trying to put politics into it but her own fellow democrats. Secondly, justice is blind. She has stated that she will give a different view of situations based on the fact she is a minority. The law show not be interpreted based on your race, color, sex, or religion. It should be based on principles and values. Those principles that are specificly stated in the Constitution. Finally, we do not need someone that has stated in public that it is exceptible to legislate from the bench. That is your job and it is my job to voice those principles and values that should be the foundations of new legislation. Thank you for continuing to fight for conservative principles in Washington and representing Texas and what Texans want.
Aaron Lauritzen
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Sonia Sotomayor
at 11:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 What's your opinion:
Post a Comment